NEW BUILD MANAGEMENT
Divergent Yachting are present at every stage of a client’s new build project. We work meticulously as an Owners Representative from Concept – Construction to Delivery and thereafter. We oversee and monitor construction ensuring final delivery of an end product equal to or far superior than initially anticipated.
Divergent Yachting can be involved in:
- Coordinating the design, either with an existing designer from the client or after sourcing a new designer from industry contacts.
- Specification outline, review, and completion.
- Yard tendering to ascertain suitability, quality and stability of all facilities.
- Contract negotiation in conjunction with the client’s legal team.
- Project supervision with regular reporting to the client.
- Stage payment review and approval on behalf of the client.
- Classification and Flag State compliancy.
- Dock and sea trials.
- Handover to the client or crew.
- Full Yacht Management.
Divergent Yachting can assist the client or their Captain with refit and repair works in as much detail as required with:
- Scheduling refit to suit vessel schedule
- Reviewing work list
- Meeting with designers
- Planning project
- Yard and sub contractor selection
- Review of estimates and negotiations
- Financial review and approvals
- Project supervision and coordination
- Sea trials
- Post refit assistance
Divergent Yachting will survey a vessel pre-purchase, on behalf of the client to ascertain the vessels condition and suitability for the clients’ envisaged requirements.
Divergent Yachting has extensive experience in both sailing and motor vessels.
Surveys will include, but not be restricted to:
- External hull condition
- Full deck condition survey
- Rigging and sails (where appropriate)
- Internal living area condition survey
- Layout to meet client needs and potential
- Internal hull survey
- Machinery and equipment
- Bridge and Navigation equipment
- Safety equipment
- Tender and toys
- Classification and Flag state compliancy (if required)
- Plus any specifics as per the clients request
A survey is followed by a report on condition including pictures and relevant references.
SPECIFICATION AND CONTRACTS
Divergent Yachting can be present at every stage to assist with the construction of a brief or full specification for the client alongside their designer to ensure the clients vessel achieves the required goals.
Consideration will be given to every part of the clients vessel – the appearance, accommodation requirements, interior layout and functionality, machinery, technical requirements, quality of equipment, safety, classification and Flag State requirements.
Contracts will then be reviewed and in conjunction with the clients’ legal advisers, an appropriate contract will be drawn up to ensure a satisfactory result for every party involved.
CLASS AND FLAG STATE
Divergent Yachting will oversee every step to ensure the vessel is constructed (re-fitted) in adherence of the standards set out in the relevant Classification Society or Flag State documents.
A sample of each as shown.
LR – Lloyds Register
ABS – American Bureau of Shipping
RINA – Registro Italiano Navale
BV – Bureau Veritas
CSS – China Classification Society
PLUS a few more depending on your requirements.
Isle of Man
British Virgin Islands
PLUS more depending on your requirements and nationality.